Storing your outdoor furniture cover long-term will ensure that it is ready for use when you need it again. Going through the proper steps to clean, fold and put away your cover will prevent additional wear and tear so you can stay protected for years to come.
Clean the Cover
- Shake off your cover to rid it of debris.
- Use a garden hose to hand wash cover.
- For thorough cleaning, use mild soap and warm water with sponge or soft bristle brush.
For detailed instructions, you can reference our Cover Care Guide.
Dry the Cover
One very important thing to remember is to dry your cover completely before storing it away. Storing it with trapped water can cause mold and mildew to form.
- Use a towel to dry areas where moisture is present. Pay close attention to the folds and gathered portions of the cover.
- Allow cover to sit in a dry area until no moisture is left.
Fold the Cover
By taking the time to fold your cover, you can rest assured knowing it’ll be easy to use when you need it again.
- Lay out your cover on a flat surface (i.e. a table or clean floor).
- Square up the cover by folding in all angled and elastic sides.
- Fold the cover in half until it is at the desired size.
Store the Cover
- If your cover is going to be stored in a place prone to dampness or rodents, such as a garage or shed, store it in a water-proof container.
- If your cover is going to be stored inside, away from moisture and animals, you can simply use a storage bag.
Storing Outdoor Cushions
- First ensure your cushions are clean and completely dry before storing. Ceck out our guide on how to clean outdoor cushions for a step by step guide.
- Place each clean and dried cushion in a storage bag to keep it protected from dirt, water, and more.
If you want to keep the covers close by for reapplying after temporary use of the furniture, use a cover storage bag and tie the bag to back of furniture.
Consider adding a luggage tag or some other type of identifier to the storage bag to easily label each cover.
Read more tips on using your outdoor furniture cover to ensure you are getting the most out of it.